here and there

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Myott's Royal Crown china "The Crowning" pattern in Maroon

Myott's Royal Crown china "The Crowning" pattern


This week, I became the proud owner of this vintage china.  I have been looking for pieces of china for my daughter who wants to mix and match patterns, rather than have the same pattern as her place seating.  For example, using the same pattern for dinner plates, but matching another pattern for the bread and butter plates and so forth!  This 12 piece set was just too beautiful to not buy!  



In researching this china on line, I was delighted to find the  following appraisal and description on the china!




on line appraisal site, Joanne Petruska
An appraiser wrote the following on 08-02-2005

Myott & Son is a pottery in the Staffordshire district of England that has been in existence since 1898. (Formerly this pottery was called G.T. Mountford potteries). This mark suggests a time period of around 1936. The pattern number is H.W. 324 and the pattern name is "The Crowning". This pattern came in several different colors, including green, turquoise, white and cobalt in addition to the maroon color you have. It is a fine example of Staffordshire china and I am appraising it by separate piece, however, if you do decide to sell it, you should sell it as a set which would be more desireable. These pieces do tend to craze, so please try to keep it out of extreme temperatures. As with any fine vintage china, this set will only increase in value over time. Thank you for allowing me to appraise this item.

* Current Fair Market in US Value: $1,100.00
WhatsItWorthToYou.com
** Replacement Cost:
1,380.00




 This pattern was made to commemorate the coronation of Edward V111 in 1936- and for this reason the pattern is called "The Crowning."  In other words, this pattern is 75 years this year.



I can hardly wait to use the platter and china at Christmas! The maroon/ burgundy color is smashing!  


Does anyone want to guess how much I paid for this 12 piece China set?

11 comments:

MaryAnastasia said...

SELl SELL!!! lets make some MONIESS!!!

Here and There said...

Too funny! Feray is bring back a tablecloth from Turkey for me!!

dona said...

Your new set looks so smart!

Here and There said...

Thanks Dona, it's going to look even smarter on my Turkish tablecloth. Lol! I can hardy wait until my friend comes back from Turkey in Oct! She plans to pick one up at one of the Bazaars
http://www.google.com/search?q=turkey+bazaar&hl=en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JqM2TpGZE-zUiAKDwKm6CA&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=764

Unknown said...

Hi I was hoping you could help me out. I am looking to sell my set of china that is the same as yours, I have 10 cups, 11 fruit bowls, 11 smaller or i guess you could call them medium bowls, 5 bigger bowls, 11 smaller plates, 13 saucers, 12 medium sized plates, 11 large sized plates which I'm guessing are the dinner plates, 2 serving plates, 1 gravy bowl, 1 sugar bowl with lid, and 1 milk/creme bowl. A handful of them have small chips and their a little dusty. I really need money so I have to sell I'm just wondering how much do you think i could get for an incomplete set

Dozza26 said...

I have been looking for the name etc of this dinner set. I have inherited the dinner set from my mum but I need to replace two cups. Can anyone help??? Cathryn

Here and There said...

Jessica Forbes and Dozza 26.. You both can check out Replacement ltd for pricing and to replace items missing
You can also sell your pieces theough KIjiji or Craigs List , these are on line places to sell or buy items!
Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

I inherited my mother's "Myott's Royal Crown china "The Crowning" pattern in Maroon" and it's been hiding in my china cabinet for over 45 years. Never used it. 12 piece place settings require 12 people. I had 3 in my house. Having a conversation with my sister in-law (who HAS 12 people at her table - 600 miles away) and was telling her about my long forgotten set. Turned a piece over and discovered this find. A hidden gem. Now I'm going to have to find some friends to have over for Christmas dinner - or maybe someone is looking for a complete set??

Here and There said...

Beverley, I find I love using my set and just did for our Canadian Thanksgiving! I use this one more often as I have it in a hutch in my kitchen. The other sets, yes sets are in my china cabinet and not as easy to get out! So in other words put your set so you can easily get at it and just use it for the three of you! Enjoy this lovely vibrant set on a Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I have this set in Green if anyone is interseted in it. edgiann05@yahoo.com

Here and There said...

Edgiann, why don't you try selling on ebay, you might be lucky in selling it.