here and there

Monday, March 23, 2015

Broccoli Bites


 In planning the St Patrick's menu, I decide to use the Broccoli I had in my refrigerator to make what I called Broccoli bites using broccoli, onion, flour, egg and parmesan cheese.  


Since my Granddaughter does not eat vegetables, I decided to make them into small balls.  However, she developed pink eye and the celebration meal was cancelled.   I had placed the broccoli balls on parchment for baking, so I froze them.  



Last night, I pulled them out for supper.  I baked them at 400 until golden brown, about 30 to 40 mins  as they were frozen. 




2 stocks of broccoli, grated
1 egg
1/2 white onion finely chopped
1/2 c Parmesan Cheese (one could use other shredded cheese)
1/4 cup flour, add more if needed to form a ball

Roll balls in panko or bread crumbs, then dusted them with smoky paprika. 


Bake for 20 minutes or until golden at 375 degrees.

 I watched my granddaughter dipping the bites in a Ranch dressing and eating the appetizer without a complaint!   I think a cheesy dip would be awesome! 


No comments: