here and there

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Foie Gras on Dried Apricot Appetizers





This appetizer for the High Tea Bridal shower was suggested by my husband. We had tasted this in Paris at a reception.  Foie gras was served with dried apricots along with Champagne.  

A perfect combination that my daughter loved!

Since I couldn't find foie gras, I used duck and pork Pate instead.  I had thought I would marinade the dried apricot as I thought the paring would be nicer.  I tried the pate with the dried apricots and canned apricots, my husband and I preferred the dried apricot better as it did not take away from the taste of the pate. 





I had originally thought of assembling a marinaded apricot with pate on caramelized onions. 











I do not have a picture of the appetizer itself, the appetizer is on a Birk's Vintage cake stand between the Ladybugs  and the Beet appetizers






No comments: