here and there

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Popover Success


Popovers were my next challenge for the Bridal Shower.  A couple of weeks ago,  I had used Noble Pig's recipe for Pepperoni puff muffin and was not pleased with the height of the mini's popovers plus her recipe did not fill 2 trays of mini muffins.  I also realized as I made this recipe that this was a Popover recipe




This recipe added pepperoni and grated cheese. The pepperoni puffs are served with a tomato pizza sauce



Just One Cookbook's recipe prompted me to research this recipe further and look at some other recipes.  In my research, I found that the secret seems to having everything room temperature.  Nami heats her milk, uses baking powder and lets her mixture set for an hour before baking in a preheated oven. Others use melted butter and warm the eggs by dropping the eggs into hot tap water for 10 minutes.


Armed with this knowledge, I warmed all my ingredients, as it makes sense to have everything at room temperature so it can puff right away in the very hot oven.  Others heat their pan with oil before filling, but this is messy and the mini trays cool down while being filled with the mixture.


I was pleased with how the popovers puffed up, especially with the third pan had to wait to be baked.




No comments: