here and there

Monday, September 4, 2017

Dutch Pancake


I forgot how easy this breakfast dish is to make.  It is alway impressive even if for just a few minutes before it collapses.  I had made it for my teenage sons but with only one Cast Iron, I couldn't keep up with their appetite and my Hubby's so I did not make it again until today. 



I have been making Claufotis which is similar, but more filling.  I have posted about Dutch pancakes before, one on Wild Blueberries and other on Maine Pancakes , not sure why I have not blogged on Claufotis as the batter is a little different.  

Today I used up the last of the BC cherries for this year.  Cherries are tradition for the Claufotis recipe but it worked well here.  


Dutch Pancake



  • 1 T butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2c flour
  • 1/2c Milk
  • vanilla
  • 1 T sugar, opt
  • salt 



Method



  • Heat the Cast Iron in a preheated oven of 425 degree
  • Whisk eggs
  • Whisk in the flour, milk, vanilla, sugar and salt
  • Add fruit to batter
  • Spray pan with oil
  • Melt butter in hot pan
  • Pour into hot Cast Iron pan
  • Bake 15 minutes
  • Dust with icing sugar







No comments: